These pancakes are moist, flavorful, and different flavors of yogurt and fruit or veggies are easily substituted. I have done applesauce, pumpkin, sweet potato, strawberry, and blueberry versions of these. Greta devours them every time. I usually take the extras and freeze them in bags for her to take to daycare – it makes mornings a breeze.
Mommy’s Medley Banana-Peach Pancakes
1-1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup water
1 cup mashed banana & diced peaches
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mash 1 medium ripe banana and dice 1 small ripe peach (about 1 cup of fruit).
3. Beat egg, mix with yogurt, water and mashed fruit. Combine with dry ingredients in a few strokes. Batter will be thick and lumpy.
5. Serve warm with desired toppings. Suggested topping: no sugar added pear butter.
4. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto preheated, oiled pan. Cook 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve warm with desired toppings.